Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tea Cozy Tuesday CAL/KAL

I joined the Tea Cozy Tuesday group on Ravelry.  

Tea Cozy Tuesday Cal/Kal 

There are a few teapots in my house, but they don't get used.  I tend to fill a cup, nuke it and put in a teabag.  Very practical, right?   I took a look at the teapots I own, not really practical.  One was from the china set I picked out before I got married and a pretty guided purple flower one.  So I went to the local flea market shops and was pleased with the two simple ones that are different shapes.  I won't feel bad when I put a cover on these.

January starts us off with a cute Aran Sweater Tea Cozy pattern by Patons.  I used a skein of LionBrand Wool-Ease in Wheat colorway that I picked up somewhere along the way.  Lots of fun cables, so I had to color code my chart to make sure I paid attention.  I ripped back quite a few times just because I thought I knew what I was doing.  OK, those of you that know me are laughing, please don't hurt yourself!  Making a cheat sheet with the each cable's directions really helped since two were pretty similar.  It was a quick knit and fun to watch the cable being created.
Looking through my button stash always makes me happy for some reason.  Maybe it is having a connection to the past, I inherited my grandmother's sewing supplies.  Found some old ones that look like they belong on an old comfy sweater.  The fit could be better, I didn't think of my teapot size before I got started.  Everyone talks about gauge, it could have helped here going down a needle size or two.  This picture is before blocking, I was so excited to put it on my new teapot.  

I can't wait to see what the crocheted cozy will be like for February.  Join me!

 

1 comment: